Total cost of this blog: $0
Total time to create: 5 minutes
Potential benefit: priceless (sorry, I couldn't stop myself)
STEP 1: Register for a new blog
I selected blogger.com because I think its easier than WordPress (I like them both). From http://www.blogger.com/ log in using your google account.
STEP 2: Select a blog address
Like a good domain name choosing a good blog address is important. Try to use terms that are relevant to your business unless your brand is well established. It is possible that your business name is not the best blog address. You can always go back and change your blog title and description, but try to get a good blog address up front.
STEP 3: Select a template
This is non-crucial. Just pick one that you like. You can always change this later.
STEP 4: Customize (optional)
The default settings are perfectly fine. You can always change them later. I spent a few minutes playing with the colors, added a few ready-to-go gadgets to the right sidebar and added Google Analytics. Gotta have Google Analytics.
STEP 5: Create a post
Just start writing. Try to tap into something your are passionate about because that is what is most likely to be interesting to your readers. The spell checker is the little "ABC" and check-mark icon. A lifesaver for me.
Sure, there is a lot more to it. But after these five steps you will have earned your license to blog. Welcome to the Blogosphere!
No comments:
Post a Comment