Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Displaying "Related Posts" in Blogger

One of the harder widgets or scripts to find for Blogger is a good "Related Posts" or "Related Articles" feature. Generating "Related Posts" provides a number of benefits.
  1. Encourage your visitors to spend more time on your site
  2. Expose new and regular readers to your valuable older content
  3. Help visitors find what they are looking for
  4. Create a network of internal links for spidering and SEO
As a blog reader I like seeing "Related Posts". If I've read something I like, I often want more and serving it to me on a nice link platter is all I need to continue reading.

I recently found a script that I liked at http://www.bloggingtips.com/2008/09/08/5-related-posts-techniques-for-blogger-blogs/ and I was able to get it working and customized for one of my blogs without too much fuss. I had tried a few other options that I didn't like earlier so I thought I would share this one and possibly save someone some time.

No comments:

Post a Comment